About Gin Rummy
Gin Rummy (or simply Gin) is a classic quick fire card game for two players. The aim of the game is to score more points than your opponent. The winner of the game is the player whose score first reaches or exceeds the win target of 100 or 250.
Play Gin Rummy campaigns against the computer player on two level modes, easy or hard. It takes real skill to beat the computer on hard mode with its perfect memory.
You can now customise your play by either playing classic gin, or the Oklahoma Gin variant! Optionally play the 'ace must be gin' or 'spades double bonus' in Oklahoma Gin mode.
You can change your scoring type too between 'simple' and 'traditional'.
Gin Rummy is a simple game to learn, but it will take a while to master!
How Gin Rummy plays:
At the end of each hand, points are scored by the winner of that hand. A players wins either by knocking with gin, or by having the lower deadwood score at the point when someone knocks. Deadwood is the sum of cards not included in a meld in that player’s hand. A meld is three or more cards in a set (cards of the same kind) or run (consecutive cards of the same suit). Face cards are worth 10 points and all other cards are worth their value.
How To Play
- Start new game.
- Continue game: if there is a game in progress it can be continued.
- Settings (cog icon, bottom left). You can also access the settings screen by swiping the home screen left to right. Once open you can close it by swiping right to left, tapping close or tapping > at the top right.
- Information (question mark icon, bottom right). You can also access the information screen by swiping the home screen right to left. Once open you can close it by swiping left to right, tapping close or tapping > at the top right.
- Stats (trophy icon, top left).
- Sound: Tap the speaker icon at the top right of the home screen to toggle between sound on and off.